Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Design, details and craft

Today I found this little video from Peter Belanger who has documented the process behind the design and creation of a cover of the magazine MacWorld. It is a fun and highly interesting video. It shows the high level of craft and detailing that goes into one cover and especially the photo. This is a reminder for all of us who have problems with doing things fast (and sloppy).

Take a look: http://www.peterbelanger.com/posts/36-cover-creation


3 comments:

Yujia said...

Amazing video~ I totally didn't expect that there is so much craft and detailing involved in creating a good photo for a cover. It made me think how we should document our design process for portfolio-our 'cover'. Yes, I knew I should take pictures of everything I do, and I did...but not until I started actually making portfolio, didn't I realize how crappy the photos are, and how ugly they are on the screen...

Erik Stolterman said...

Hi Yujia

Thanks for your comment! That is what I thought this video really helped to make clear! Quality counts!!

Erik

Jesse Beach said...

wow, that was really great to watch. thanks for posting the link.

Featured Post

Why Design Thinking is Not Enough

If you go to Youtube and look for "design thinking" you will find a large number of videos with TED talks and other talks all expl...