[I am posting this on behalf of our program]
Is your organization looking to recruit high-quality User Experience Designers?
Did you know that the School of Informatics and Computing at IU has one of the top Master’s degree programs in the nation in Human-Computer Interaction Design?
Please consider joining us for the 2nd annual HCI CONNECT.
How do we describe this event: It’s a ‘day of interaction,’ or a ‘chance to experience talent,’ or a ‘relational on-ramp’ with some of the top students in the field. Visit www.hcidconnect.com for details, registration info, and pictures of last years event.
Who is Invited
User Experience Design Managers and Team Members - each organization may bring up to 3 people (We highly encourage attendance of HCI-Design Alumni)
All the graduate students and faculty in the HCI-Design Program (About 75 students)
January 21 & 22, 2010
21st: 7:00-9:00 pm: HCI Faculty, Student, and Employer Reception
22nd: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm: CONNECTing students and faculty through interaction, discussion, and brief employer presentations
Employer Cost & Benefits
$500 per organization includes:
· Resume Book of all students in attendance
· Portfolio Reference Guide - which provides links to almost all HCI Grad student online portfolios
· Extensive discussion time with students and faculty
· Opportunity to share your design team dynamics, culture, and process.
· Hors d'oeuvres and drinks with faculty
· Lunch for up to 3 on Friday
There are two steps in the registration process.
(1)Make sure you are an employer user in Informatics Career Link, our online connection system (see below)
(2)Register for CONNECT thru Career Link.
· To do both of these steps, visit: iuinformaticscareers.com
· Once you are a user in Career Link, log-in and click on the 'career fair/events' tab.
· Then Click on the CONNECT 2010 event link to register.
You will receive confirmation of registration, including more details about the event following registration.
We look forward to your attendance.
jeremy podany . director of career services
indiana university . school of informatics and computing
If you go to Youtube and look for "design thinking" you will find a large number of videos with TED talks and other talks all expl...
I am reading the book " The Burnout Society " by Byung-Chul Han. It is a very short book, only about 50 pages. Han is a Korean-bo...
In 2008 I wrote a blog post about the future of design thinking (see below). It was a short post and it was primarily predicting design thi...
I was a young student in my first year at the university. I had never heard of systems thinking or any other kind of thinking either. I had...