Monday, June 22, 2020

How System Designers Think about Design and Methods: Some Reflections Based on an Interview Study

In 1992 I wrote an article that was published in the Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems. It was based on an interview study I did for my PhD thesis. I have not read this paper since it was published, almost 30 years ago! Hard to understand.

Anyway, today I read it, and I liked it. It is interesting to see how I did work on the same ideas I work on today. But, more importantly, is that I recognize how formative that interview study was for my research at the time and even today. I still agree with the analysis and the contributions of the research. Actually, I think it is still highly relevant. Other researchers have written about the same topic and in many cases argued for similar conclusions, but it is still not an understanding of design that is prevalent.

I would like to re-write some parts of the paper, but it is a paper and study that I am still proud of.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/239066287_How_System_Designers_Think_About_Design_and_Methods_Some_Reflections_Based_on_an_Interview_Study

Stolterman, E. (1992). How system designers think about design and methods. Scandinavian Journal of Information Systems, Vol 4.

1 comment:

Robtech World said...

Hi nice blog
Website Designing Company In Zirakpur-Robtechworld cares about understanding you and your customers. We are here to assist you in turning your business into a huge brand.