Thursday, January 02, 2014

An absolutely excellent talk on how to write a research paper

I have just watched this video on how to write a great research paper. The talk is by Professor Simon Peyton Jones, Microsoft Research. In the talk Peyton Jones presents eight principles on how to develop and write a research paper. The content is wonderfully clear, and in my view, completely correct. The principles he discusses are very similar to what I often repeat to my students (and I am sure many of my colleagues too). So, the content of the talk is great and so is the way it is done. I highly enjoyed watching this. Great advice presented in a great way!

Thank you Chung-Ching for posting the link on Facebook.

11 comments:

Chung-Ching said...

The link of the video credits to a blog post from MMdays:

http://mmdays.com/2014/01/02/how-to-write-a-great-researchpaper/

Unknown said...

Usually I don't acquire information just watching a videos, but I would like to say that this video is very obliged me to take a study and do so! The discussion has been impressed me. I have learned and earned from this research paper help. Thank you for sharing this video, I'm making note of all the advices.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mazibul said...

I'd like to express this movie is extremely required me personally to consider research as well as achieve this! The actual dialogue may be amazed me personally. I've discovered as well as gained out of this homepage. Thanks with regard to discussing this particular movie, I am producing be aware of all of the tips.

Anonymous said...

Glad to know this information.

Anonymous said...

Very importamt instruction for me. Because i am new researcher to don't know about details for writing research paper. So it is very helpful for me. visit website and it'll help you to know more about the academic papers writing.

click here said...

Writing a research paper is different from other writing pattern. Students should follow these eight principles and best writing techniques. So great way to write is write perfectly.

Anonymous said...

The post you have submit is a great post. I know your post is contain so many important hints. That's the thing that reader wants to get. visit website to know more.

Anonymous said...

Writing a research paper is something that is necessary to write for students. Writing resume services are available for students who don't know well about writing. http://www.studyabroadessay.net/study-abroad-essays-writing-services/study-abroad-resume-writing/

sara mohamed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sara mohamed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.